Saturday, September 10, 2005

Bike Ride - Lloyd's Neck

Lloyd's Neck RideDistance: 28.5 mi, 2:37
Speed: Avg 10.8, Max 31.6
Cadence: Avg 31, Max nmf

Went with my friend Mark to Caumsett State Park expecting to mainly ride in the park. When it became clear there aren't many paved paths except the main loop, which is only 2.3 miles long, we had to leave the park. We rode around Lloyd's neck a bit, saw the oldest Black Oak in North America (c. 1450) and then hit the park for a few final laps. At the end, Mark put his bike away and ran a loop while I rode/coasted my bike with him.

It was a beautiful day, and I didn't have too many pains until the end of the ride. There were a few hills, and they hurt, but I was able to keep going and feel that I managed to recover pretty quickly. I didn't wear my HRM, so I don't have a KCal estimate, but it probably wasn't that high. My average cadence was probably more like 65-75, but with all the coasting and the short steep hills, the recorded average was lower. Also, I don't know if the average cadence is calculated only while the pedals are spinning or not; as that would also make a big difference.

Average speed was impacted by Mark's run a little bit, but it was only about 12 MPH anyway.

The photo is from the road to the Target Rock National Wildlife Refuge, which looked interesting, but no fun to ride with road bikes.

-Bike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home