Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Let's make this Official

This morning I weighed myself -- for the first time in a while.

According to my bodyfat scale, I weigh 216.2 lbs. and have a body fat percentage of 29.1%. The bodyfat scale normally reads my weight about 1 pound heavier than my pretty tempered glass scale so I'll use it exclusively from now on. My waist measurement around my navel is just shy of 43". (Yikes!)

So, let's make this official - I'm starting a weight loss / exercise program today.

Weight loss goals:
  • My "prime" weight was 165, but I don't think that's a realistic goal anymore. I think 175 is a good long-term goal with room for improvement from that vantage point.
  • My "prime" waist was something like 32", but maybe that was just the waist measurement for the jeans I wore then. Either way, I think 36" is an achievable goal.
  • I figure if I can average a little more than 1 pound lost per week, my weight goal could be met in less than 9 months.
Of course, I'd like to lose faster than 1 pound a week, and I'll be shooting for 1.5-2.5 pounds per week. =)

Wish me luck!

-Bike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home